The Senate supervises the overall Institution's function in compliance with the state laws as the Institution's internal regulations. It forms the Institution's educational and research policy, its stragetic planning development, and reports on its regular activities. Moreover, it is in close cooperation with various Greek and foreign Universities, as well as other scientific and cultural institutions.
The Rectorial Council
The Rectorial Council, consisting of 5 members, deals with the everyday affairs of N.T.U.A and is also responsible for the implementation of the Senate's decisions.
NTUA's Rector: Simos E. Simopoulos
NTUA's Vice Rectors: Ioannis Avaritsiotis, Antonia Moropoulou
The following nine Senatorial Committees support the Senate in its duties and co-ordiante the various activities of the Institution:
- The Undergraduate Studies Committee
- The Postgraduate Studies Committee
- The Continuing Education Committee
- The Committee of the University Premises And Facilities
- The Library Committee
- Computer's and Network Committee
- The Committe of Internal Bylaws and Guidelines
- The Committe of the Technological Park Of Lavrio
- The Committee of the University Publications
Scientific research in NTUA is funded by both the public and private sectors, as well as by European Union sources.
The Research Committee manages and controls the budget of research activities, withholding a 15% percentage from the budget of each research program. This percentage is allocated to a variety of activities, among which the support of undergraduate and postgraduate studies or the award of scholarships to both graduate and postgraduate students.